Are you looking to replace the color of your portrait from a rough one to a stunning one?
Some people need to change the color of their products to know how their products have distinct visual effects in different colors and why they should produce color alterations.
The T-shirt color printing is one of the best applications of it. To make the photo marvelous, some people use color changing tools in the Photoshop.
It is absolutely dependent upon the person why he needs and for what. To show clearly, I have added four tutorials for this process that are comprehensive and easy to do.
- Open your Photoshop and drop your image in it.
- Choose magic wand tool if intensity of color you want to remove is equal otherwise tap on the quick selection tool. Now we are talking about the quick selection tool, not the magic wand tool.
- With quick selection tool, make the selection around the boundary of that specific portion. If some unwanted part is also chosen, you can abstract it by pressing Alt button.
- Create a new layer
- If you have made selection, click on the paint bucket tool.
- Set the foreground color to your desired replacing color but background color does not matter here.
- Click on the selection and it will drop foreground color on the selection.
- Change your image layer mode from normal to overlay to look the image like original.
- Good job! You have done. Save your portrait by pressing Ctrl+S in your desktop.
- Open your Adobe Photoshop and press Ctrl+O to select file from your computer.
- Choose magic wand tool or quick selection tool to make selection of the portrait.
- Adjust the size of the tool and make sure it is set to positive position if not change its setting to positive.
- Make the selection of that portion of portrait you want to change.
- Go to the adjustments and choose Hue/Saturation.
- Moving the slider will alter the color of portrait perfectly. It provides a wide variety of colors and makes the image look like original. There is no need to change layer modes or make another process.
- When everything is according to your will, save the image in any format by clicking Ctrl+Shift+S.
- Open your photoshop and choose your portrait.
- Select color replacement tool nested in the brush tool section.
- Select the foreground color and switch to any other color by color picker.
- Adjust the size, tolerance and opacity. You can increase tool size by tapping Ctrl+] or decrease the size by pressing Ctrl+[.
- Gradually paint the portion of image with brush. Use zoom in or zoom out feature for perfect color replacement.
- When you have accomplished your job, save your portrait by tapping save in the file option at the top of software.
- Open your image in the photoshop.
- Go to the top of Photoshop and then image>adjustments and finally select replace color.
- It will open in a new window and choose positive sign eyedropper tool.
- Tap the desired part of the image and alter the color by moving slider or color picker.
- If any unwanted part is also selected, press Ctrl+Z to undo.
- Now save your final image in your device.
I hope that you have understood all the tutorials about color replacement and now it would be easy for you to choose any of these tricks. The first three processes are mostly used but I mostly use fourth procedure that is very convenient for me and as far as I think the best one method to create any type of color. Actually it depends upon your photos to choose which one of these tricky method.